Monday 25 January 2010

Hang on its not christmas why am i unwrapping stuff

So the modelling portion of the project is over and so begins the next phase TEXTURING.

To start with I need to unwrap the model to the sppecific regions laid out in Epics uvw template so that my model will work in game, I have already done a basic unwrap on my model when I took it into Zbrush so now its just refining that unwrap (or starting all over again which seems the easier option).

At college today I completed the unwrap for the head, hat and face mask which was pretty simple i have also begun to unwrap the arm which is proving a little more tricky, but with a little perserveerance I hope to have the unwrap finished for next week when I can begin to texture.

Heres my unwrap for the head ready to be scrutinized.....


to give a hint at what your looking at the top area is the head itself with the hair unwrapped to that section, the 2 circles are the eyeballs, next to that is the face mask and in the bottom right is the hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment