Sunday 29 November 2009

The UT skeleton

So I've been doing some reading about getting characters into unreal and found that with the method we shall be using which is to use the current ut animation skeletons I will have to make my model fit that opposed to making the skeleton fit my model, so I decided I better check it out before modelling anything.

I downloaded the ut3 character model for a basic male character this model was as with all ut characters very chunky which gave me a fright to start with as my character is quite slim and doesn't wear bulky armour but after deleting all the mesh leaving only the animation skeleton I took a screen grab and in photoshop scaled it up uniformly as to not alter the actual proportions of the image, I then overlaid it on my blueprints so I could see it the knee, elbow, shoulder and hip joints as well as the head fitted within the proportions of my character and well what can I say other than it did :D

obviously once built I will need to adjust the positioning of the models limbs to fit the skeleton but scal wise everything seams to line up rather nicely.

here's an image to show how it fits.

No comments:

Post a Comment