Tuesday 15 February 2011

Updates and the wonderful world of mirroring

So working my ass off again today i finished the high poly of the bay window baked out my maps and applied them to the low poly for you guys to peruse. I have also built my window box for the upper floors and the door arch for the ground floor.


so heres the bay windows from high poly through to render of game ready.
yesterdays HIGH poly


the LOW poly


the AO not rendered


final rendered bay window


next up is the window box for the upper floors. i'll go into some detail on this 1 as i did things a bit different. I modelled my Low poly 1st and then split it down the center and deleted half then unwrapped that half before i started to add the high poly details such as the pattern on the side and the bars on the window. i then baked my maps out and applied a symmetry modifier to the model.

heres the HIGH poly model with all the gubbins


heres the low poly


symmetry added maps applied not rendered


final render


and now the boring bits heres the door i made


and all the pieces on the building rendered so you can get an idea of the final piece.


oh and before i forget ive fixed the textures in unreal i just need to redo my specular maps as they dont match across all the pieces. and i'm also starting to add grunge layers through unreals super powerful material editor.


thats me for today time to go play some games.

No comments:

Post a Comment